Comprising 59 homes, this 6 storey building, with commercial shops on the ground floor, is named after The Shortreed family. Robert Shortreed homesteaded this site on the Old Yale wagon road in 1883 and later went on to open a general store. By 1891, the store had a post office and two years later, a telegraph line was installed – the first in the area. Shortreed Corner was what the area around 264th Street and Fraser Highway was originally called. In 1904, Robert was part of the posse hunting for train robber Billy Miner.